Sunday, February 1, 2009

Blog #1

In this day and age, it is next to impossible to have no media interaction. As I sit here thinking about how media has effected my life, I can't even remember a time I didn't use any form of media. (To me, media is any electrical device used for means of entertainment or communication.) Even while out doors camping or hiking, I always carry my cell phone. It's amazing how fast media has advanced from a source of mere entertainment and convenience to an organization of mind control. Media has indeed taken over my life.

From an every day perspective, I use media almost every hour of every day. Whether it be texting my friends and family or typing up a paper on Microsoft Word, media interaction is inevitable. Nowadays, if a person does not have a phone, computer, and some form of mp3 player, that person is basically shunned from society. Interaction with a computer is a necessity to pass in school. Many assignments are turned in via internet.

Even though I mentioned how media is a form of mind control, I absolutely love it. This may be caused by the continuous brainwashing I encounter, but I have grown to believe that media is now a bare necessity for the sanity of life today. Without media, the world as we know it today would be completely chaotic. Nobody would know what to do without an HD television, a blackberry, a laptop, an iPod, and a game boy. Honestly, the world (at least the large countries with consumer-driven economies) would not know what to do with itself. This is one aspect of media, this effect it has on the many lives, including my own, is one I truly dislike. Even if one did not want to own a computer or a cell phone, he would have to. Whatever happened to the days of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn? Oh, now I remember, children don’t go outside to play anymore. That would be heinous! Nowadays, children at the earliest stages of life are obtaining cell phones. Little Johnny is texting Little Jane, inviting her to play game boy in the basement. He guarantees her there won’t be a single ray of sun light.

When I was a kid, I was really into playing outdoors on the monkey bars and running around playing tag. I still remember the day I got my cobalt game boy color with a Pokémon Blue game cartridge. I didn’t realize it then, but that day marked the day in which I was transferring over to the media side of the world. My family owned a NES and a N64, but the game boy was different: it was my own, my precious. Even though I adored my game boy like Gollum adored the ring, I did still go outside quite a bit. I feel that kids today would never choose to go outside if their parents did not force them.



~Andrea










Why yes, that is a G36C Assult Rifle
And yes, it is an airsoft gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment